Thursday, June 5, 2014

Sizzling with Free Summer Reading Programs and Literacy Activities

Looking for some great ideas and free resources to help stop the "Summer Slide" for you kids? We all know how important it is to keep our kids reading and writing all summer long so I have put together a few for you to check out.

Scholastic has a wonderful  on line reading program with printables that you can check out and register for by clicking on the picture below.
You might also want to check out Reading Rockets which has a wonderful list of activities and websites with free reading and writing activities as well as great tips and ideas for parents about other summer activities to do with your kids. You can check it out by clicking on the picture below.
Education.com has a 10 week fun program to help kids beat the summer slide. There are lots of fun literacy activities for each of the 10 weeks and all you have to do is register. It's free. To find out more you can click on the picture below.
I just revised my Hooray for Summer Literacy Activities for Grade 1-2 that you may want to check out.
There are 8 different literacy activities to include a Summer Word Sort, Summer Noun Sort, Summer Word Syllable Sort, Summer Compound Word Match and Writing Activity, Making and Writing Sentences about Summer and a few more fun activities. When you download the Preview you will get this free activity.
How about another literacy freebie? Just click on the picture below to get your free "Hooray for Summer" Making Words and Sentences.

I have just added a new Pinterest Board just for parent you may want to follow as I will be adding lots of information for Back to School just for Parents. Just click on the Picture below.
I also have one just for teachers you might want to follow.
I am revising all my boards this summer to bring you lots of great resources. Hope you will follow me on Pinterest.

Thanks for making a difference for all the students in your classroom this last year. I hope you have a wonderful and relaxing summer vacation and take some time for yourself.

Follow my blog with Bloglovin


No comments:

Post a Comment