Sunday, January 5, 2014

Martin Luther King: Free Resources, Free Lessons, Activities, Crafts Ideas, and More


With only 2 weeks left until we honor the life of Martin Luther King I have put together some great free resources for you. I always like to start with a great list of books, like the one below, to use for Shared Reading or for your students to read. You can find a complete list by clicking on the picture below.
There were so many wonderful websites that shared free lessons and reading and activities so I will share the ones I liked the most. The first is Scholastic which you can access by clicking on the picture below. I found lots of lessons, whiteboard resources, book lists, and great free reproducibles including a play and mini book. Hope you will check it out.
The next website was Education World that had 5 wonderful lessons for all grade levels and some wonderful links to lessons gathered on the web. Just click on the picture below.
The next website is Education.com which you can access by clicking on the picture below. Here you will find free  activities, crafts and worksheets.
Next is Family Education where you will find many free activities and ideas like this "I Have A Dream" report. Just click on the picture below.
Finally, a great site for crafts. I just loved this dove craft below. You will find this one and several others at Activity Village by clicking on the picture below.
I have finally revised my "Honoring Martin Luther King" Unit for Grades 2-3. I've added over 30 pages of reading and writing activities. It also includes 2 Interactive Student Notebook Activities.
Here is a preview of the beginning of the unit.
The students reading books are differentiated at the 2nd and 3rd grade levels as well as the Cause and Effect Activity to help meet the needs of all the students in your classroom. 
There are 4 different informative text and opinion piece writing prompts to choose from and the Interactive Notebook activities.
 If you click on the picture below you can read the full description and when you download the Preview file you will see sample pages of all the materials and activities in this packet.
Last but not least is a freebie. Just click on the picture below to download my "Martin Luther King: Free Writing Prompts Grades 2-4." Common Core Standards are included for all 3 grade levels. These writing prompts are not included in my "Honoring Martin Luther King" packet above. Hope you enjoy!

If you are looking for more Martin Luther King activities and freebie just click HERE.
Don't forget to check out my new Pinterest Boards. Just click HERE to follow.
Here is my most popular one:
Thanks for all you do to make a difference for your students. Have a great start to the new year

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

.

Freebie Fridays



6 comments:

  1. Perfect! THANK YOU and peace to you! Smiles and stop by anytime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Thank you for all of these great resources!

    Kimberly Ann
    Live, Laugh, I love Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the dove craft idea! Awesome! Thanks for the writing prompts also , they will be great!
    Bex
    Reading and Writing Redhead

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for a great comprehensive post! Such great ideas!

    ReplyDelete