Friday, December 6, 2013

Let it Snow! with Snow Poetry and a Freebie


For some of you winter has come early and you have already had lots of snow! Here in Tallahassee today it is 80 degrees. Although I had plenty of snow when I lived in Alaska, I wish it would feel a little more winter-like here. One of my favorite poetry units that I wrote was Snow Poetry. When my laptop crashed it was one of the units that I hadn't saved to my external hard drive. All I had was a secure PDF file. Now, as soon as I finish a product or download a file or clip art that I purchase, it goes straight to my external hard drive! At least I can make pics, the links, and something special for all of you.

Well, here it is December, 2014 and I finally rewrote my Snow Poetry Unit and added over 40 pages to the original. There are 7 original poems, 2 different level Snow Plays and more writing and literacy activities.  Here is the preview of 4 of the poems and literacy activities.
I have also added a fun writing activity to go with my poem, "Where do They Go When it Starts to Snow?" Students will decide whether they would like to go somewhere warm or cold for the winter and tell why. They will write  their opinion piece in either a Sun or Snowflake. This would make a fun Bulletin Board!
I also added another play for 2nd graders.
There is a Cinquain, Subject Poem, and Acrostic Poem included.
If you would like to read all about this unit, download the the preview file and get a free activity just click on the image below.
Of course I have a FREE poem and activity from my unit for all of my followers and viewers. I just uploaded my new one.
Just click on the picture below to download your freebie.

Don't forget to check out all my new Pinterest boards by clicking Here. Hope you will follow me.
Thanks for all you do to make a difference for your students. Stay safe in the snow.

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Freebie Fridays





How do you use poetry in your classroom?

No comments:

Post a Comment