Sunday, July 28, 2013

Free Parent and Teacher Resources for Back to School


Life is getting back to normal after my fantastic Alaska vacation. Believe it or not it was so warm I had to buy shorts! It was great to see old friends and colleagues and catch lots of salmon on the best fishing trip ever! Here I am in front of my old school.
I know that many of you are heading back this week and some already have so I have put together Part 2 of BTS Free Resources not only for teachers but also for parents. I found this wonderful website for parents which you can access by clicking on the picture below.
You will find great tips for:
  • Making the first day easier
  • Backpack safety
  • Traveling to and from school
  • Bullying
  • Developing good homework habits and more
For teachers, you may want to check out this power point, "36 Interesting Ways to Get to Get to Know Your New Class". You will find some fun and different activities for grades K-12.

I also found "101 Ideas for a Great Start"  at the Iowa State University: Center for Excellence in Learning and Teaching.

I also have a fun freebie which you can download by clicking on the picture below. 
Looking for some more Great Stuff for Teachers? Follow my new Pinterest board by clicking on the picture below. I also have a new one for parents too. You can check out all my new boards by clicking HERE

                                 
Thanks for all you do to make a difference for your students. Hope you have a great start to the new school year!

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Freebie Fridays





When is your first day of school?

4 comments:

  1. Hi, the first link is not working just sending us back to this blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have checked the links and they are working- the first link is
    the picture of the school bus with theboy and mom to the right of it. Hope that helps.
    Arlene

    ReplyDelete
  3. Unfortunately, I start back to school this Thursday, August 8, but the kids don't come back until the 15th. This is a fun activity I can use with my groups! Thanks so much for sharing!

    Andrea
    Reading Toward the Stars

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing this, Arlene! I found it at Manic Monday.
    Enjoy the rest of the summer!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete