Friday, February 8, 2013

Valentine, Valentine, What do you see? Lots of Freebies waiting for me!

I love Valentine's Day and giving my grand kids lots of cute cuddly stuffed animals. My birthday is only 3 days later so I usually get roses on my birthday instead of Valentine's Day. (They are usually 50% off after Valentine's Day) There are so many wonderful books to read and free resources that I found to share with you. Let's start with some great books for Read Alouds. You can find a great list on Amazon by clicking on the images below. Students will love Gilbert's Funny poems in the book by Diane de Groat. I loved reading "Valentine Mice" to my ESL students. It was a great book for acting out and teaching verbs.
-
Looking for some free valentine's crafts to make? How about this Candy Bear Paper Craft. Get all the directions by clicking on the image below. There are lots of other craft ideas to check out as well.
How about ideas for Valentine's Day cards. I found the one below at Education.com. You can download the  activity and find lots more ideas to make your Valentine's week lots of fun for your students.
You can find poems and fun activities and party ideas at apples4theteacher as well as DLTK. Well if that's not enough I have a few of my own to share with you. If you read my post on Readers Theater  2 days ago you saw my very first Readers Theater script called "The Symbols of Valentine's Day" for Grades 2-3 which you can check out my clicking on the picture below and my "Valentine's Edition of Making Sentences with Sentence Frames" for Grades 1-2.
Finally a freebie Valentine's Day gift from me to all of you. Just click on image below to download your freebie!
Hope it is a fun-filled Valentine's Week for you and your students! Thanks for all you do to make a difference for you students.





What is your favorite Valentine's Day activity?

No comments:

Post a Comment