Thursday, January 17, 2013

Animals in Winter: Great Books, Free Resources and Activities

Please click HERE to see a new revised post of Animals in Winter


It finally feels like winter in Tallahassee today with cold winds from the north blowing and temperatures dropping. What a great time to teach students about what animals do in winter. I've put together some great resources to check out.


There are some wonderful books for read alouds. This one is my favorite. If you click on the picture you will find 12 Great books to read to your students.
Looking for some lesson plans? Look no further that Scholastic for the Pre-K-2 grades or Exploring Nature for intermediate grades. 


I love writing my own Read Aloud and Guided Reading Books for students and just finished my new Unit: Animals in Winter for K-1
I'm sure your students will love the Shared Reading Book and Mini Book 
If you click on the picture below you can download the Preview file which has 2 free writing activities for K and 1st.
Just for my wonderful followers and viewers an extra freebie: Animals in Winter Word Wall and Picture/Word Cards- just click on the picture below to download your free copy.


Freebie Fridays

Hope your found some great resources and enjoy the freebies.
Thanks for all you do to make a difference for your students.





2 comments:

  1. Animals in Winter is probably one of my favroite winter books too! Great links--and the product looks awesome too. Thanks for sharing! :)

    įƒ¦DeAnne
    First Grade and Fabulous

    ReplyDelete