Monday, August 6, 2012

The Effective Elementary Classroom- Managing for Success



Teachers know that class management during the first few weeks of school is critical and sets the tone for the rest of the school year. There is so much wasted teaching time when teachers have to deal with disruptive students and discipline problems throughout the year. I was fortunate to have Geoffrey Colvin give an in-service at my Title I school one year and give us some wonderful step-by-step information  from his book about helping teachers prevent problems through carefully planning and organizing their classrooms and teaching students routines and what you expect of them in the classroom. It was great to see the 5th and 6th grade teachers practicing walking in the halls without talking and behaving appropriately for the first 2 weeks of school until they got it right. It made a huge difference in student behavior that year.



As you know I love to write Chants and Poems so I have 2 fun Raps about Behavior and Respect at school to use with your students while managing your classroom and students for success.Just click on the picture below to download your free copy. I wish each and every one of you a great start to the school year.

Here are a few new Pinterest Boards to follow.

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Follow me on Pinterest

Thanks for all you do to make a difference for your students. Don't forget to check out other great Manic Monday Freebies
Classroom Freebies Manic Monday
Freebie Fridays




What is a great classroom management strategy that you use?

1 comment:

  1. These are awesome! Thanks for sharing!

    I use a really fun system called the most points... I have it up as a freebie here! Basically, all day I say "So-and-so is getting points!" and at the end of each day I pick one student to have the "most points." Whichever student it is gets to pick their job for the following week! They just love it... and these raps will go along perfect with it!

    -Jessica
    A Turn to Learn

    ReplyDelete